Friday, February 20, 2009

Jack Kerouac - pirate, zombie, ninja

FYI:

If you Google "Jack Kerouac pirate," the first search item returned is the blog Mean Dirty Pirate, featuring a blog post about Jack.

If you Google "Jack Kerouac zombie," the first relevant search item returned is SPD Books, featuring the book Zombie Dawn, co-authored by Anne Waldman, Director of the Jack Kerouac School of Disembodied Poetics.

If you Google "Jack Kerouac ninja," the first relevant search item returned is the blog Idiot's Stew, whose owner presents his profile picture as a ninja.

I don't know what it all means, but a couple of days ago I promised a blog about Jack, pirates, zombies, and ninjas. And there you have it as far as Internet searching goes.

Given the dearth of information available, I guess I'll have to write a short story about Jack encountering pirates, zombies, and ninjas so that when someone searches the Internet for such connections they'll find some. Or you can! Send it along and I'll post it.

If this post just didn't give you enough of a Kerouac fix, remember you can always visit Random Jack Kerouac Quotes.

1 comment:

Rick Dale, author of The Beat Handbook said...

FYI, this posting - which I admit is lame as Hell - garnered the most posts (180) of any post I ever wrote in this blog.

Stupid Internet. Just post about zombies, pirates, and ninjas and you'll get traffic!