Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Heavy Kerouac news day

In my on-going efforts to bring you all things Kerouac, I discovered the following news pieces today:

Anne Waldman performs at UNK (We have not paid enough attention to the women beat writers.)

Baraka celebration (Amiri Baraka is another underappreciated beat writer.)

East Village (The East Village is definitely a mecca for Kerouacians.)

Big Sur Festival "09 (I drove through Big Sur in July - didn't know they had a festival there.)

Release of One Fast Move Or I'm Gone (I saw it last year at Lowell Celebrates Kerouac! 2008 and it is awesome!)

2 comments:

C. said...

I actually heard Baraka perform at the Chicago Jazz Festival with William Parker in a tribute to Curtis Mayfield.
Amazing.

They have a Big Sur festival?!?!

Rick Dale, author of The Beat Handbook said...

I'm envious that you got to hear Baraka!

Yes, there is a Big Sur festival. Check out the link I put in my post.