Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Neologism of the day: beatspiration

I'm trying to type this with my cat, Karma, sprawled on my stomach and the laptop perched on my thighs (Jack would be proud, both of the practice and of my choice in cat appellations). In a fit of inspiration wherein I combined a line from a recent episode of Californication and a neologism inspired by Steve Edington's inscription to me in his book, The Beat Face of God, I have decided to inscribe future books I sell or give away with:

May words be your drug of choice and may at least some of them in this book further your beatspirations.

Or something like that....

And yes, when my cat misbehaves I can say, "Bad Karma!"

2 comments:

MonkeyMom said...

"May words be your drug of choice" is fantastic!

Rick Dale, author of The Beat Handbook said...

Thanks! We agree. Of course it's not original: the show I borrowed it from - Californication - is well-written!