Monday, January 11, 2010

10,000 visits by Jack Kerouac fans

The Daily Beat has now had over 10,000* visitors, and I'm going to assume each visit was by a Jack Kerouac fan somewhere on the planet. Or maybe even off-planet: I wouldn't rule out extra-terrestrials as being beat fans, and they're certainly surfing our Internet (lame as it is compared to their advanced technologies - ouch! - okay, I can't say any more because of the implants).

But I digress. In honor of reaching 10,000 visitors, we will be giving away a free copy of The Beat Handbook to the first reader of this blog (who hasn't already won a copy in a past contest) who sends me a friend request on Facebook. In your Facebook friend request, mention that you are asking to be my friend in order to win a copy of my book. You can find me on Facebook as Rick Dale. I'll announce the winner here as soon as we have one.

Let the games begin!



*The number 10,000 is significant for a number of reasons, not the least of which is the band 10,000 Maniacs, featuring Natalie Merchant, one of my all-time favorite singers and whose album, House Carpenter's Daughter, is a beat classic that deserves much wider recognition.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

6/10 The infamous Grotto of Dr. Sax is in need of contributions for restoration. I don't know how long this will be viable, but a Lowell Sun newspaper article is here: http://www.lowellsun.com/ci_15384147##ixzz0sGB6V5Ur
Otherwise go here http://www.francoamericanschool.org/id11.html to contact the Nuns of the Franco-American School where The Grotto is. Thanks